Home contents insurance

Home contents insurance

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord does not cover you for contents insurance as part of the tenancy agreement. It is a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there is always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide what type of home contents insurance is right for you, PHA Homes have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Ltd who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures, and ornaments.

What are the benefits?

 All are eligible to apply for the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme. Just some of the benefits are:

  • No excess (you do not pay the first part of the claim)
  • Covers theft, water damage, fire, and many more household risks
  • Flexible payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge)
  • Covers tenants’ improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greater)
  • Covers contents in sheds, outbuildings, and garages (up to £3000)
  • Covers damage to external glazing for which tenants are responsible
  • Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
  • You do not need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)

How do I get further information?

Ask your Housing Team for an application pack by contacting 01730 263589 or
call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288 or request a call back

Complete and editable application pack by visiting www.thistlemyhome.co.uk

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at  https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy








“I love my new kitchen, thank you.”

Miss E

“Thank you for enabling me to move on from shared ownership to owning my own home and all the Association’s help in the past”

Mrs A