How to find or move home

Hampshire Home Choice:

PHA Homes does not hold its own waiting list for housing, but accepts nominations from East Hampshire District Council, Chichester District Council and Havant Borough Council, dependant on the location of the property available. To bid on available properties, you need to have an active Hampshire Home Choice application.  For further advice please contact the main Housing Options Team at EHDC on 01730 234358 or 01730 234277 or click on the link to visit their website

Emergency housing:

If you need emergency accommodation or find yourself in a situation where you are homeless immediately, dependant on your location you should call:

  • East Hampshire District Council on 01730 234415 (9am-5pm Monday – Friday), or 07850 358156 in out of hours cases.
  • Havant Borough Council on 02392 446019 (9am-5pm Monday – Friday), or 07850 358156 in out of hours cases.
  • Chichester District Council on 01243 534734 (9am-5pm Monday – Friday), or 01243 785339 in out of hours cases.

Mutual exchange:

A mutual exchange is where you swap properties with somebody else. It is important to note that with a mutual exchange you accept the property as you see it and are assigned the existing tenancy agreement. It is important you are aware of what this involves, for further information please refer to the MX FAQ’s below.

Please note that you cannot mutually exchange if you owe any monies to the association.  You cannot mutually exchange if you have an assured shorthold tenancy or are within the starter period (initial 12 months) of a starter tenancy.  You may be able to mutual exchange after your starter tenancy has been converted at the end of the 12-month period, providing there are no breaches of tenancy.

All mutual exchange applications are subject to the incoming tenant meeting the affordability criteria, satisfactory references, property inspections and safety checks. We ask that the incoming tenant meets the housing need for the property.

For further information, or to request a mutual exchange form to be sent in the post, please call 01730 263589.  Please return the completed forms to our offices at 32 Dragon Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4JJ, or alternatively email them to  All parties must complete a separate form from their own landlord.

Mutual Exchange Information Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions

Tenants step-by-step guide to Mutual Exchange

Mutual Exchange application form

Supported Accommodation:

PHA Homes owns 4 properties which are rented by the You Trust for supported accommodation.  For further information please call the You Trust on 01329 825930.

Sheltered Accommodation:

PHA Homes also manages a sheltered scheme in Rogate on behalf of Rogate & Terwick Housing Association, which offers 16 self-contained flats; the majority of which are suitable for couples. The scheme is designed for older people who are capable of independent living.

Any vacancies which arise are advertised through the local authorities allocations and lettings process.

Internal transfers:

PHA Homes can accommodate existing tenants who are looking to move to a new house for a valid reason, such as to downsize or for medical reasons.  If you are an existing tenant and your circumstances have changed, call our Housing Team to discuss this further on 01730 263589.



“Thank you for my new boiler”

Mr B

“Compliments to the tree surgeon on their tidy work”

Mrs Y